Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Anniversary to TOP!



Exactly one year ago today, Taste of Pittsburgh began serving up it's very first less-than-professional culinary opinions to the iron city.

It's been a heck of a year and I have to say that though I"ve learned a lot of things, the two most prominent are:

1) Blogging is an awful lot of work.
2) Pittsburgh is delicious.

I've noticed that my positive reviews strongly outweigh my negative which definitely reaffirms the whole reason I began blogging in the first place: there is certainly more to the dining scene in Pittsburgh than chain restaurants!

In honor of TOP's one-year anniversary, I've decided to offer you all another TOP-ten:  my very favorite restaurants that I've reviewed so far! The following is a list of what I would consider to be places you absolutely MUST take your new girlfriend, parents or friends from out of town (or, let's be honest, just yourself) at some point in your life.  Hope you enjoy!

10 --  Fatheads  
The best part: Pierogies on burgers?! YES PLEASE!










9 -- Monterey Bay Fish Grotto
The best part: Oysters Rockefeller. Holy melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness.













8 -- Bistro 19

The best part: The perfect pairing of fresh-fish and homemade slaw.








7 -- Mallorca
The best part: Aside from the service and meal-closing complimentary shots? Gotta be the amazing sauce on my seabass (did I sound dirty when I said that?)



6 -- Franktuary
The best part: The Pittsburgh Dog.  And I don't say that because I write a blog about Pittsburgh food.  I say that because it was far and away the best hot dog I've ever eaten.





5 -- Habitat
The best part: Hands down the locally sourced beet and goat cheese salad.






4 -- Cafe du Jour
The best part: The outdoor ambiance and salmon/asparagus appetizer.






3 -- Willow
The best part: One of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever been to with delicious food to boot.

2 -- DeLuca's
The best part: Eating seafood in a crepe was a shockingly outstanding experience that I hope you'll all try at least once.

1 -- Spoon
The best part: Every. Single. Bite.  I'm not even kidding.









I'll tell you now, I have a few restaurants that would (and should) have made this list as my favorites in the city, but I've not yet blogged about them.  What this means is that I need to get my butt out there and KEEP EATING! So here's to one year of blogging about delicious food and hopefully many more to come.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a celebratory glass of wine with my name on it.

Bon Appetite, fellow 'burgh buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!