Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sinfully Good Sushi at Sinobi 2 Go

What started out as a small express eatery in Indiana, PA grew into a larger full-scale restaurant in Tarentum and shrunk back down to a tiny "To-Go" deli-style sushi shop on the less-traveled side streets of Market Square. But the size of Sinobi To Go is no indication of the enormous flavors it puts forth.

With no intention of searching for a reviewable lunch spot, I took a walk outside yesterday afternoon to enjoy the beautiful day. Suddenly I found myself on the side streets of Market Square staring at a new storefront: Sinobi Sushi To Go. It's rare that I can resist the calling of sushi, so I stopped in to check it out.


Sinobi's Market Square spot is definite designed for takeout. One small four-top, a seatless highboy and a few stools at a small counter top are all that grace the floor.  The sushi shop is manned by a very pleasant woman and one sushi chef, and each dish is made fresh to order, so expect a slight (worth it) wait during peak lunch hours.




Diners can choose from a small yet satisfying menu or order a roll of their choice.  I decided to go with the Lightning roll and Bulgogi Festival dog.

 
Bulgogi Festival $3.00

I was ever so slightly underwhelmed with the hot dog.  Being a huge fan of Franktuary's unique dog options I was excited to give this new Asian twist a try.  The dog itself was store bought and microwaved in front of me, but doused with a Kim Chi/Korean Barbecue mixture which certainly helped the cause.  While the idea of Asian Dogs is a good one, I admit I'm more looking forward to the Asian Tacos which the chef told me *might* be coming soon...

Lightning Roll $9.50


My Lightning roll, on the other hand, perfectly hit the spot I didn't know I had. Tuna and asparagus adorned with spicy crabstick and a delicious mystery sauce gave my lunch just the kick it needed on this beautiful afternoon.


Restaurant Info:
Sinobi 2 Go
Address: 435 Market Square
Phone: (412) 251-5510
Reservations: None. Very little seating.
Price: $$

Cliffs Notes:
1 Bulgogi Festival Dog @ $3.00
1 Lightning Roll @ $9.50
Tax (7% in Allegheny County): $0.87
Tip @  $2.00
Total for 1: $15.37

Overall Opinion:
I'll definitely be back (for the sushi) and would absolutely recommend a trip for native and working downtowners.


Sinobi 2 Go on Urbanspoon
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!