Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Hometown Homegrown

This past weekend, I took my good friend Mrs. P, author of Barefoot Veggie Eater, to the Hometown-Homegrown at the Heinz History Center. The event was thrown by the amazing folks at GoodTaste! Pittsburgh with the help of the History Center and local food vendors from all across the greater Pittsburgh region.



Here's a recap in photo essay form about our experience!



A cookbook exchange - donations benefited the History Center Library
My new books!
Have YOU ever milked a cardboard cow?

Schneider's Bacon Horseradish Dip

5 Generation Bakers Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Zum Zum Polish Pierogies

An array of products from Uncle Charley's

Maria's meatballs! Merante Gifts

Fresh product from McGinnis Sisters

Peace, Love & Little Donuts made fresh donuts right in front of us!




Yum city!!

Home Cooked by Donna certainly filled our bellies with delicious food!

Cornbread stuffing...SWOON.

The richest, creamiest ice cream I've EVER had - from Kaleido Kone Creamery

Our old friend, BBQ Stu was back!!


Mrs. P and I love our BBQ Stu's!

Natural cheese and fresh produce from Wild Purveyors

Mediterranean Salad with liffits from our friends at Khalil's

This beautiful salad is made with Sito's Mediterranean Dressing

Maryland Style Crab Balls and homemade chips from the Original Oyster House

Yum. City. One of my favorites of the day!

Couldn't resist a little refreshing local beverage...

Wexford's Soergel Orchards brought a few berries...

Fresh, ripe, delicious.

The Pittsburgh Public Market corner came up big...

Soup Nancy's shared some fresh, DELICIOUS lentil soup with us!

"Do you have a brown dog?" she asked? "Nope," I said. "I just like to take pictures." Brown Dog Java

The aroma of Gryphon's Tea blends was out of this world! Mrs. P took some home.

Oils & Vinegars from Olio Fresca! I grabbed the fig balsamic, Mrs. P loves the white truffle oil

I was bummed I couldn't buy these on site, I LOVED the Beano's Roasted Chipotle Bistro Sauce

Mmm....pasta.

Roasted Red Peppers and Penne from Common Plea

Homemade sauces from Rizzo's Malabar Inn in Crabtree

Bulgarian Salsa from Soup Sega!

Beautiful bowls and serving vessels from Soup Sega

Frownie Brownies from King's



  Pin It

Share this!