Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Restaurant Week!

Happy Restaurant Week, everyone!

This week is what I'm all about.  Local eateries getting the recognition and foot traffic they deserve. After reading their mission statement on their website, I am fully behind this cause.  My purpose as a blogger is to introduce local Pittsburghers and tourists alike to the beauty that is the locally owned and independently operated restaurant.  While I enjoy an outing to the Cheesecake Factory now and again, I can't help but hold a special place in my heart for the places that originated and thrive (or strive to thrive) here in our own back yard.  Bravo, Pittsburgh Restaurant Week for helping me to celebrate that.

In a nod to 2010, a plethora of local Pittsburgh dining destinations are offering exceptional meal deals to local consumers for $20.10 a head.  For example, X restaurant may be offering soup, salad, app, dinner, dessert and wine for only $20.10.  Most are offering 3 course meals and wine which -- in many cases -- are valued at double the cost, any other week of the year.

Joe Harvey of LocalFoodService.com is the mastermind behind bringing Restaurant Week, a branch of Local Restaurant Week which has roots in Buffalo, NY and according to WPXI.com has been notably popular in other cities such as Chicago and Philadelphia, to Pittsburgh in 2010.  You can follow them on Twitter @PGHRestaurantWk or become a fan on Facebook by clicking here.

I must apologize for getting this blog out in a tardy fashion.  This post should have hit news feeds Sunday evening to prepare you for the week ahead.  Shame on me!  But you still have six glorious days of opportunity in front of you -- go out and seize them!  There is no need to sign up, no coupons to print.  Just pick your poison from their impressive list of 45 locations, and tell them you want the $20.10 deal!



PID and I are absolutely taking advantage of this completely delightful week of deals starting tomorrow evening.  Stay tuned to find out where we went and what we thought!

In the mean time,  go out and enjoy!  I can't visit 45 Restaurants in 5 days alone so I'll need your help!  Write to me at tasteofpittsburghblog@gmail.com and tell me about your experiences and what you thought and I'll make you a guest blogger!

Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the support! Over 3000 folks visited the site yesterday and growing! (Check back often, as we're still adding more restaurants and updating the $20.10 dining deals!

    ReplyDelete

Share this!