Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thirsty Thursday, First Edition

So after my Tuesday post about Willow, I can't stop thinking about the delicious wine.



I want to go back -- if for nothing but the wine!  And tonight it's HALF PRICE! 

So that, in turn, got me thinking about drinking.  As I'd mentioned before, my wallet is, at the moment, uncomfortably thin so when my friends and I decided it's time for a beer or a margarita or a glass/bottle of wine, I like to find the places that can quench my thirst without drying up my finances.

In the spirit of helping others with the same problem, I will supply you with a list of my very favorite "drink specials" every Thursday.  I'll list a special for every night of the week starting, of course, with Thursday so you can plan ahead!

THURSDAY: Willow (NORTH HILLS). There is a select list of wines available for the deal, but I took a look and it's nothing I can't handle! What's nice about Willow's Uncork'd Thursdays is that you can order half price by the stem OR the bottle.  With the relaxingly lush atmosphere, this is a great place to bring an intimate group of girlfriends for a quiet evening away from the kids but is also great for a romantic first (or 32nd) date.

FRIDAY: Carson City Saloon (SOUTHSIDE).  This is one of my favorite bars on the south side -- when I actually make it out to the chaotic south side. Happy hour is your typical 5-7 p.m. with half off all appetizers (try the beer battered pickles. They are truly a uniquely appetizing experience) and $1 off all drinks.  $2.25 bottles and $2.50 wells run from 9-11 with live music and occasionally my personal favorite, Karaoke!

SATURDAY:  Claddagh Irish Pub (THE WORKS). I'm a soccer player.  So anywhere that shows EPL all day on the big screen by the bar is my kinda place. I also enjoy anywhere that calls them "pints" rather than "drafts."  Speaking of which its $4 "pints," $3 Call drinks, $2 domestic bottles, $4 House wine (typically not for the Saturday soccer fan) every Saturday.

SUNDAY: Redbeard's Tavern (MOUNT WASHINGTON). $5 Margaritas on the patio ALL DAY all summer long?  Yes please.

MONDAY:  McFadden's Pittsburgh (NORTH SHORE). $0.25 wings and $3 you call its.  Great for Monday night Pirates games when we're losing 10-1 in the 4th inning and you just want to get the heck out of the stuffy awkward ballpark...

TUESDAY: Shadyside Saloon (ELLSWORTH). $2 Tuesday (all domestic drafts and well drinks) plus one hell of a good looking group of guys during dart league season!

WEDNESDAY:  Shady Grove (WALNUT). Half price wine bottles and the nicest (not to mention cutest) bartenders in Pittsburgh.  Need I say more?

HAPPY PLANNING (and drinking)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!